Keeping Your Job
Woohoo! You got the job!! Now, you are looking to make sure you can keep the job. This section will help you navigate this next stage of your journey. When first starting out at a job and working to keep it, you want to ask your yourself some key questions if they have not already been addressed:
Questions to Ask When Starting a New Job
- Am I willing to disclose “I have a disability?” If so, what are the situations where I am willing to share and who am I willing to share with? (Example: Having a job coach is a level of disclosure)
- Do I understand how I get paid? Who can I go to for support?
- Do I know and understand the rules of my workplace? (Time off, OSHA, FMLA, Sexual Harassment, Benefits)
- Will my benefits be affected?
- Can I ask for a raise?
- Can I participate in a retirement benefit at my workplace?
- Are there workplace incentives or benefits? Do I know how to access these?
- Do I need additional training?